Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: MARINE SERVICES – SUPPLY AND MAINTENANCE OF AUTHORITY MOORINGS, MARKERS AND TARGETS
2. Awarding Authority: Ministry of Defence, GB Email: [email protected] (Gilbert Swinburn)
3. Contract type: Service contract
FTS Competitive Procedure with Negotiation
4. Description: The Contract covers the following services: the maintenance of moorings, target moorings and navigation marks owned by the Authority, the replacement of moorings and navigation marks with telemetry buoys and the sourcing, storage and supply of moorings and navigation mark components.
The maintenance and replacement of moorings, target moorings and navigation marks service will be provided at various locations around the UK Coast including Gibraltar and Cyprus. The supply of moorings and navigation mark components to a UK based nominated point of departure to enable the Authority to transport to the Ascension Island and Falkland Islands.
The Contract duration is envisaged to be 96 months.
To facilitate service delivery the intent is to transfer ownership of an Authority owned vessel to the new service provider under a Contractor Owned Contractor Operated (COCO) agreement subject to equitable financial renumeration. This vessel and any other vessel operated under this contract shall be UK Flagged and Certified.
The specification for the services will include the following:
Maintenance in accordance with the Mooring Maintenance Programme (MMP), a schedule of routine mooring and navigation mark maintenance to ensure moorings and navigation marks remain safe to operate.
A Moorings Replacement Programme (MRP) to replace moorings and navigation marks with telemetry buoys. The MRP will involve the total removal of the legacy mooring, the design and assurance of the new moorings, the procurement of replacement components and the installation and assurance of the new moorings.
The sourcing, storage, and delivery of components to an authority nominated UK point of departure, allowing the Authority to maintain moorings in Ascension Island and Falkland Islands.
Full details of the service output including mooring, navigation marks and telemetry buoy volumetrics can be found within the Statement of Requirement (SoR).
5. CPV Code(s): 98360000
6. NUTS code(s): UKK, UKK1, UKK11
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: South West (England), Gloucestershire, Wiltshire And Bristol/Bath Area, Bristol, City Of.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Project: 703249457
9. Estimated value of requirement: Estimated Value of Contract
10. Listing Deadline 8.7.2022 (12:00:00).
11. Address to which they must be sent: You must register or log in at Web: to participate in this tender.
12. Other information: Notes
In addition to the vessel, the Authority will supply Government Furnished Assets (GFA) in support of the Contract services, including:
moorings and markers
spares and specialist equipment
Authority owned intellectual property
The occupation and use of Authority owned facilities/property may be available to support service provision subject to separate leasing or licensing arrangements with the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO).
A significant proportion of existing moorings and markers spares are stored at the premises of the current service provider. Consequently, the new provider may need to provide their own storage and distribution facility.
Staff will be transferred in accordance with TUPE regulations. Full TUPE data will be provided during the course of the tendering process.
The Marine Services Procurement (Procurement) will be run under the Defence and Security Public Contracts Regulations (DSPCR 2011) using the Negotiated Procedure.
Potential suppliers should register for access to the data room. Requests for access should be submitted to the Contact email: [email protected]
The DPQQ will be evaluated using the Defence Sourcing Portal (DSP).
There will be no limitation on the number of operators who will be invited to negotiate or participate.
Please be aware that the Authority may utilise consultants, contractors or other third parties (i.e. non-MOD staff) to support the procurement process. Any such individuals will have undertaken a Conflict of Interest process prior to commencing evaluations.
Contract Start Date
Please refer the website above for documentation