Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: OPTIMISING DD GENERALISATION
2. Awarding Authority: Ministry of Defence, GB Email: [email protected]tl.gov.uk. (Alex Wilson)
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: Detection dogs play an important role in detecting the odours of concealed illicit materials (e.g. explosives, firearms, drugs) in a wide range of environment.
The purpose of this work is to identify and assess the impact of factors related to training which may be used to optimise detection dogs’ ability to generalise from a limited number of training odours across other related odours and different odour quantities.
As part of the contract deliverables, the Authority is seeking:
An updated summary of key scientific evidence, based on a review of peer-reviewed literature and other relevant sources, on practical ways to optimise detection dog generalisation (a previous review will be provided to support this).
Odour training protocols for two specifications of adult working detection dogs. These should consider scientific evidence obtained from the literature review in order to further existing methodologies and should aim to maximise generalisation to related odours whilst optimising the rate of ‘nuisance’ alarms. Specifications/model parameters for two detection dog types will be provided by the authority, to ensure that the protocols are relevant to current detection dog operational activities.
One or more proposed experimental designs and methods to validate these protocols by training a group of dogs as efficiently as possible.
A recommended experimental methodology for efficient ongoing monitoring of generalisation performance in operational dogs over time. A summary of existing methods will be provided for reference.
5. CPV Code(s): 80512000, 80510000
6. NUTS code(s): UKK, UKK1, UKK11
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: South West (England), Gloucestershire, Wiltshire And Bristol/Bath Area, Bristol, City Of.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Project: 1000170408 – DSTLX100070408
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Listing Deadline 24.7.2022 (23:59).
11. Address to which they must be sent: You must register or log in at Web: to participate in this tender.
To access the notice please click on View DSP Opportunities
12. Other information: Procurement Route