Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: THREAT DETECTION AND WARNING SYSTEM FOR TERRIER ARMOURED VEHICLES
2. Awarding Authority: Ministry of Defence, RETDU Gibraltar Barracks, Camberley, GB, GU17 9LP. Email: [email protected]
3. Contract type: Supply contract
Prior information notice
4. Description: The aim of this project is to develop a threat detection and warning system for current in-service armoured vehicles. The system should be able to identify explosive ordnance threats at various ranges, whilst the vehicle operators are closed down under armour, with limited situational awareness. This system should significantly reduce the cognitive burden on the operator and utilise the current vehicle vision capabilities (if possible). Ideally, the system will work both, while the vehicle is stationary and in motion. We expect the system to already be under development, with a virtual demonstration being requested in Q2 2021.
At this initial stage, we assess the threat detection system will bolt on to a demonstration vehicle. The system, at this initial stage, shall not alter the vehicle platform in any way, this includes not drilling of any holes or screwing into the vehicle platform. The system will also need to power itself at this stage, it cannot source power from the demonstration vehicle. If successfully demonstrated, further integration would be explored. A physical capability demonstration is being planned for Q3 or Q4 2021, however, this could change depending on National COVID-19 restrictions. A demonstration window will be provided once an expression of interest and initial assessment has been made.
5. CPV Code(s): 31642200, 31000000, 31642000, 38546000
6. NUTS code(s): UKJ, UKJ3, UKJ37
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: South East (England), Hampshire And Isle Of Wight, North Hampshire.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Publication reference: 2021/S 000-003313
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. As no deadline date has been specified please contact the awarding authority for further information.
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information on the above contract please visit Web:
12. Other information: Further information
Further information can be obtained from the above mentioned contact point(s)
Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority/entity:
Threat Detection and Warning System for Terrier Armoured Vehicles
Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 3: Defence services, military defence services and civil defence services
Information about European Union funds
The contract is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: No
The Contracting Authority intends to use an e-Tendering system in this procurement exercise, please visit www.contracts.mod.uk for full details and to register your interest in this procurement.