Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: Provision of Health Needs Assessments for Dorset Prisons for NHS England and Improvement (NHSE/I)
2. Awarding Authority:
NHS SOUTH, CENTRAL AND WEST COMMISSIONING SUPPORT UNIT
SCW CSU Procurement, Jubilee House, John Smith Drive
Contact: Alan Kilham
3. Contract Type: Services
4. Description: NHS England and Improvement (NHSE/I) seeks bids from providers who have the capability to deliver Health Needs Assessments (HNAs) for those in prisons in Dorset (HMP Guys Marsh, HMPYOI Portland, and HMP The Verne).
The needs assessments will explore various aspects of prison healthcare including:
• Describing the population of the specified prisons and the current healthcare service provision, and wider health promotion, available to prisoners.
• Understanding the complex needs of older prisoners and the care required.
• Reporting on the provision of Social Care in the Prisons (commissioned by the Local Authority) and recommend opportunities for improved health and social care integration and provisions to enable prisoners to live an independent and quality life.
• Investigating the full range of health needs and reporting on the epidemiology of health problems experienced by the men compared to the general population and compared to offenders in similar establishments.
• Conducting a gap analysis between current service provisions, needs of the population, best practice, effective interventions and national care standards.
• Gathering service user, carers, family and staff feedback in regard to the healthcare provision.
• Identifying and reporting on organisational barriers to the delivery of current/proposed models of care.
• Reviewing escort and bed watch levels, recommending improvements to patient pathways as well as opportunities for onsite care to reduce the need for external appointments.
• Using robust research methodology, including statistical modelling and analysis. to compare the health of those in prison with sensible comparator groups in the community and in other establishments
• Considering the equality of healthcare services access and provision, in relation to core equality strands (e.g. race, disability, age, religion, and sexual orientation) and complete an Equality Impact Assessment.
• Making recommendations on future service developments.
• Reviewing the staffing profile against need, business continuity, recruitment and retention and resources.
As a result of the procurement, a single contract will be let to deliver three HNAs, with a maximum total contract value of £37,500 excluding any applicable VAT.
This procurement is being carried out by NHS South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit (SCW) on behalf of the Commissioners.
5. CPV Codes:
85100000 – Health services
75122000 – Administrative healthcare services
6. NUTS Codes: UKK23
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: South West
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: £30,000
10. Start Date: 01/01/2020
11. End Date: 31/03/2020
12. Closing Date: 22/11/2019
13. Other Information:
Interested providers will be able to view the tender opportunity via the ‘current tenders’ list on the e-procurement system
In order to access the tender documentation you will need to ‘express an interest’ and register on the system. Bidders are required to respond to the RfQ questions within the system and attach any requested documents separately to the placeholders provided.
Responses must be submitted via In-Tend by Noon 22nd November 2019
The Authority will run a transparent tender process, treating all Bidders equally. For the avoidance of doubt, the Authority will not be bound by the Regulations or the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union or any other regulations or legislation except for the specific parts or circumstances that apply to the procurement of these Services.
Neither the inclusion of a Bidder selection stage, nor the use of any language or terms found in the Directive or Regulations, nor the description of the procedure voluntarily adopted by the Authority (“Open”, “Restricted”, “Competitive Procedure with Negotiation”, “Competitive Dialogue” or any other description), nor any other indication, shall be taken to mean that the Authority intends to hold itself bound by the Directive or Regulations, save by the provisions applicable to services coming within the scope of Annex XIV of the Directive / Schedule 3 of the Regulations.
For further information/documentation please visit: