Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: PROVISION OF AN INTEGRATED MENTAL HEALTH SERVICE
2. Awarding Authority: NHS England South East, GB. Web: (Louise Smith)
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: The awarding authority is requesting Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified providers with a view to exploring service provision options for an Integrated Mental Health Service for the Specified Location.
This PIN as a call for competition is initially published as a notice for expressions only. The Commissioner may then choose to proceed directly to a procurement process with parties who have responded to the notice and there shall be no further notice published. Any competitive process will be based on the Open procedure, subject to the qualification in this notice.
Publication of this notice does not commit NHS England to a future procurement. NHS England will not be liable for costs incurred by any interested party in participating in this exercise.
5. CPV Code(s): 85000000, 85100000, 85140000
6. NUTS code(s): UKE, UKE4, UKE42, UKJ2
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Surrey Prisons
HMP Send, HMP Downview, HMP Coldingley HMP High Down.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: PR003255/MH
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Date documents can be requested until: 31.7.2019 (11:00:00).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information on the above contract please visit Web:
12. Other information: Please note that TUPE may apply to this contract.
Any resulting contract will be for a maximum of 2 years, as the Commissioner is in the process of considering options for the wider service provision for these establishments.
Services are planned to commence on 1st April 2020.
Due to contract commencement on 1st April 2020 providers will be expected to mobilise within a two month period.
The Commissioner has a total maximum budget available of £6,012,000 for the two year period.
The Commissioner will be using the most recently published, long form NHS Standard Contract for the provision of the Healthcare Service(s).
The service provider will provide a recovery focused, trauma informed integrated mental health service. This service will provide psychologically informed, evidence based specialist support for all those assessed as requiring interventions to address mental health, personality disorder, and support for individuals with learning disabilities. The service will work closely with the substance misuse treatment provider and others where dual diagnosis is identified and with primary care and others where co-morbid physical or social care needs are present, and will utilise a “stepped care” model as appropriate.
The service will be available to all prisoners within the establishment(s). The service must meet the unique needs of each establishment and take into account the needs of the population within that establishment.
Bidders must be aware that, although this commissioning process is undertaken in good faith, potential government policy changes could enact changes to prison healthcare provision. Bidders/providers must be prepared to work with commissioners to implement any nationally mandated directives, whether during the commissioning process or ensuing contract.
This exercise is being carried out by NHS South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit (SCW) on behalf of NHS England South (South East).
Contact : Louise Smith
Process : Early Engagement
Directive : Services
Procedure : Open