Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: HISTORIC MARINE AND SEASIDE VILLA LANDSCAPES – A CONTEXTUAL STUDY
2. Awarding Authority: Historic England, GB. Web: (Caroline Howarth)
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: The Grade 1 registered ornamental pleasure grounds and parkland at Specified Location were laid out c1799. As a statutory consultee, Historic England’s London and South East (LSE) Region is advising on development proposals for the castle and its landscape.
In keeping with our aim to ensure our advice and evidence results in well-informed decisions that serve people, places and the economy well, Historic England wants to commission additional contextual research about similar late 18th century marine and villa landscapes (registered or un-designated). We particularly want to establish how significant, rare, complete and well-preserved the ensemble of contemporary landscape and buildings at Norris is compared with other similar estates of the period.
5. CPV Code(s): 73000000, 98360000, 71241000
6. NUTS code(s): UKI, UKI3, UKI31, UKK14, UKK11, UKD
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Norris Castle on the Isle of Wight
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: P/REF HE 00001148
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Date documents can be requested until: 29.7.2019 (16:00:00).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information on the above contract please visit Web:
12. Other information: Contract Start : 12 August 2019
Contract End : 02 December 2019
Customer : Historic England
Process : Non-OJEU
Directive : Services
Procedure : Open