Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: PROGRAMME TO SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT TO END FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION – EXPORTING OPPORTUNITY
2. Awarding Authority: Secretary of State for Business, Innovation & Skills acting on behalf of UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), GB. Web:
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: Opportunity type: Aid Funded Business
Industry: Financial & Professional Services, Business & Consumer Services, Healthcare & Medical
Consultancy services are needed to work on a programme to support global efforts to end Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
In November 2018, DFID announced a new programme of up to £35 million to support global efforts to end FGM.
The programme will contribute to efforts to support and build the capacity of the Africa-led movement to end FGM at different levels.
The programme will be delivered by:
targeted interventions at community level and a package of support to communities to end the practice
setting up a small-grants mechanism to build the capacity and ability of grassroots women’s, youth-led organisations and activists to bring about change
testing and developing best practice guidance on how to bring FGM interventions into existing development programmes
using media and campaigns to amplify and diffuse the process of change
enhanced global advocacy to encourage more actors at different levels to help end FGM and increase the pace of change
real-time monitoring and evaluation, allowing the programme to respond quickly to learning as it progresses
5. CPV Code(s): 85320000, 85300000
6. NUTS code(s): UKC, UKD, UKE, UKF, UKG, UKH, UKI, UKJ, UKK, UKL, UKM, UKN
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Africa.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Not provided.
9. Estimated value of requirement: Value of contract : £5m-50m
10. Opportunity closing date 29.11.2019.
11. Address to which they must be sent: To register your interest in the above opportunity please visit:
12. Other information: TKR-2019115-EX-1202303