Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: FOREIGN LANGUAGE ASSESSMENTS
2. Awarding Authority: Knowledgepool, MOD, The Defence Requirements Authority for Culture and Language (DRACL), Language Assessment Board (MODLAB) , GB Email: procurement@Knowledgepool.com.
3. Contract type: Service contract
Prior Information Notice
4. Description: The Awarding Authority is looking to appoint a provider to develop and deliver Provision of MOD Language Assessment Board (MODLAB) Foreign Language Assessments to our client MOD.
The Awarding Authority hereafter referred to as the Authority, is seeking the provision of Foreign Language (FL) assessments. The purpose of the FL assessments is to act as a metric to objectively and systematically identify FL capability within UK Defence.
The MOD Language Assessment Board (MODLAB) formally assesses the proficiency of personnel, nominated by the Authority, in the skills of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing, in approximately 40 languages per annum against specific target levels: Level 1 – Survival, Level 2 – Functional, Level 3 – Professional and Level 4 – Expert. The target levels are in accordance with the latest version of the NATO Standardisation Agreement (STANAG) 6001
This Prior Information Notice (PIN) is to alert interested Bidders of the opportunity. The Awarding Authority welcome responses from suitably qualified and experienced Bidders. Interested Bidders can register to participate by accessing the Current Opportunities tab and clicking the “Login or Register to View Further Information” button at
If this will be your first time registering on the Portal, in addition to completing your registration please e-mail: Procurement@Knowledgepool.com and confirm that you are interested in Bidding for this Opportunity. Please quote the PIN title as the subject of your email.
Bidders will only receive access to the Tender documents after they have been published and no further information or notification will be available until then unless Bidders are advised otherwise.
The Awarding Authority anticipate that the RFP documents will be available 06/11/2019 and Bidders will be notified when these have been released.
5. CPV Code(s): 80000000
6. NUTS code(s): UKI, UKI3, UKI32
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: London, Inner London – West, Westminster.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: PSGW01398
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. As no deadline date has been specified please contact the awarding authority for further information.
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information regarding the above contract notice please visit
12. Other information: TKR-2019112-EX-1200470