Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
MOD Request For Information
GB-Automatic Test Equipment (ATE): Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
1. Contract Title
Title attributed to the request by the Contracting Authority: GB-Automatic Test Equipment (ATE): Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
2. Contracting Authority:
Ministry of Defence, ISTAR, Special Projects Communication and Force Protection (SPCFP)
Abbey Wood, Bristol, BS34 8JH, United Kingdom
Tel. 030679 81603, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Lucy Harrison, Attn: Lucy Harrison
3. Object of the Request for Information:
Weblink to where further documentation can be obtained: www.contracts.mod.uk
Short description of requirement: This announcement invites interested suppliers to provide the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) with information relating to potential candidates for ATE. An Official-Sensitive subset for the requirement is available below.
The common requirements listed below must be delivered through the following types of ATE:
• Workshop bench ATE to be operated at ML3 and ML4,
• Small form factor deployable ATE to be operated at ML2.
Common requirements include:
• Ability to test RF equipment in Narrowband and Wideband modes of operation,
• Must support TrellisWare Scalable MANET (TSM) Waveform,
• Must support a Frequency range of 1 MHz to 6 GHz,
• Must comply with DefStan 66-031 Part 8 – Requirements for Automatic Test Systems utilising an Open System Architecture,
• Must support IEEE 1671 Automatic Test Mark-Up Language (ATML),
• Must include Spectrum analyser,
• Test Program Set (TPS) and cables must support the following OEMs:
• Common TPS between Workshop and Small form factor ATE,
• TPS must use IEEE 1641 Signal and Test Definition.
CPV codes :
Time-limit: 29/11/2019 Information Requested: The ATE supplier must be able to provide a full Support Solution to the ATE including, but not limited to: calibration, corrective maintenance, training. Post design tasks may be conducted throughout contract duration for the provision of additional TPS.
There will be a requirement for some personnel to hold DV.
The MOD understands that the timelines and specifications above are open to interpretation and welcomes potential suppliers to provide a response that is not fully compliant with the requirement (either date or specification) if suitable justification and evidence including road maps are provided as part of the response.