Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: SERVICE DESIGN TRAINING AND MENTORING
2. Awarding Authority: NI Courts & Tribunals Service, GB. Web:
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: Bespoke service design training:
Tools and approaches for service design in practical context;
Prototyping & testing methodologies;
Define requirements to solve current ‘problem’;
Plan, conduct user research and analysis;
Recommendations for upscaling
Develop tool kit supporting design of services
Post Implementation Mentoring.
5. CPV Code(s): 72000000, 80533000, 72222300
6. NUTS code(s): UKN, UKN0, UKN06
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Location Northern Ireland
Address where the work will take place Must Take Place in Belfast City Centre
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Not provided.
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Closing date for applications 25.6.2019 (23:59).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information regarding the above contract notice please visit
12. Other information: Deadline for asking questions Tuesday 18 June 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
Latest start date Sunday 30 June 2019
Why the work is being done To develop the knowledge of tools and methods used throughout the service design process, to give the NICTS Transformation team the confidence to run service design projects and drive forward change. Resulting in a team embedded in NICTS, capable of improving existing services through creative thinking, design and testing, to deliver a new improved and ever evolving customer experience.
Problem to be solved Team tasked with delivering service design for Courts and Tribunal services are not trained in this specialism.
Who the users are and what they need to do As Head of Transformation I need a team trained in service design process and methodologies so that NICTS is capable of improving existing services through creative thinking, design and testing, to deliver a new improved and ever evolving customer experience and thus meet the vision for Transformation.
Existing team 1 point of contact but will be working with a team of non-specialist Civil Servants no more than 20 in attendance at workshops.
Current phase Not started
Working arrangements Within Business Hours 9-5 Monday to Friday
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
Supplier must demonstrate previous experience in Service Design Projects from identifying a problem through to successful implementation of solution with the Public Sector;
Supplier must demonstrate previous experience delivery of Training based on a real problem
Supplier must demonstrate previous experience in providing mentoring Services to support a team in delivery of service design.
Supplier must demonstrate previous experience in developing a tool kit to support future service design
Nice-to-have skills and experience
Confirmation the supplier has facilities to deliver training in Northern Ireland
Confirmation the supplier can complete full service delivery by 31 August 2019
Confirmation of experience working together with systems dynamics
How many suppliers to evaluate 5
Value for Money
Confirmation of timeframe for completion
How the proposed approach meets our needs
Appropriate facilites and team structure to deliver
Methodolgy on how you will meet proposed service requirements.
Cultural fit criteria Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
Payment approach Fixed price